FOR PATIENT HELP CALL 800-296-3797
Free Transportation to and from medical care for ambulatory patients
Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic provides FREE transportation to medical care for those in need. Our mission is to ensure that no one is denied medical care because they don’t have transportation – we are HOPE Delivered Daily
WHO ARE WE?
Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic (AFMA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization utilizing over 550 volunteer pilots to transport patients to specialized medical care. We are a coordinating service matching volunteer pilots willing to donate their time and aircraft to the individuals in need.
Board of Directors
- Ms. Kelly Murphy, Chairman
- Steve Craven, Chairman Emeritus
- Captain John Billings, USAAC
- Mr. Nevin Showman
- Robb Alpaugh, President and CEO
- Christine Kroetsch, Vice President and CFO
- Stephanie Bollmann, Director of Operations
- Joanie Corkrum, Director of Administration
- Lynne Medley Long, Administration
- Cathy Kelly, Transportation Coordinator
- MaryJane Sablan, Transportation Coordinator
- Sundae Oxley, Transportation Coordinator
- Dana Craft Robbins, Development Specialist
- Felycia Jordan, Accounting Specialist
All Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic Pilots are licensed by the FAA and are instrument rated. They are dedicated volunteers who donate their time, skills, plane and fuel to to provide free medical air transportation for those in need. Our pilots continue to maintain a perfect safety record.
AFMA pilots own or rent the planes used to fly flights. The planes range from 4 – 6 seat single engine planes to twin-engine pressurized cabin class aircraft. Every plane is subject to Annual Inspection as required by the FAA.
WHOM DO WE FLY?
AFMA is available to children or adult patients and an escort needing transportation for medical evaluation, diagnosis or treatment. Patients must be ambulatory, which means they must be able to walk, enter and exit the plane with little or no assistance, and require no medical care (i.e., doctor or nurse) en route. Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic will also fly persons with a compassion need on a case-by-case basis. There must be a financial or compelling need for the flight. Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic can only assist when the destination is within 1,000 miles. For information on charitable air transport with a distance of more than 1,000 miles, please see our Request Assistance page.